Field Service Engineer
Meriden / National Role
If you think you have the skills and experience for this role please send your CV to email@example.com.
Salary is dependent upon experience.
Closing date for applications is 12.00 p.m. on 31/08/2021
Thank you for your interest in this position.
Field Service Engineer
Reporting directly to Part and Service some of your responsibilities will include:
- Completing quality assurance checklists
- Communicating with the Sales Team in relation to plant readiness.
- Liaising with your Manager and other staff in relation to workload planning
- An active employee regards all Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality (SHEQ) Targets
- SHEQ paperwork
- Support the Parts and Service Coordinator, as required
- Aid on Wash plant and other fixed plant installations
- National Role (United Kingdom)
MAIN FUNCTION OF JOB:
Power X Equipment Ltd are currently looking for a Mechanical Engineer to work in a busy environment helping our customers to achieve the optimum performance and reliability with our wide range of crushing, screening, processing, and conveying machines.
Reporting to the Service Manager, whist also engaging with our Parts and Service team to get the fastest resolutions and prevent issues from reoccurring. In this role you will provide on-site and remote technical support on all aspects of dealership products and similar type equipment. You will be expected to be a technical champion of said machinery to customers, engineering leader. Day to day duties include installing, troubleshooting, modifying, advising, fault finding and repairing our product units and similar type equipment either in-person or remotely.
- Provide both on-site and remote technical support for our product line and similar type equipment. Including but not limited to:
- Installing, aligning, balancing of new and used equipment.
- Fitting, welding, machining, and repairing equipment as necessary.
- Electrical, hydraulic, and mechanical diagnostics and troubleshooting.
- Compiling analytical data to assist and advise the Operations Manager on observed possible improvements
- Obtain required sign-off documents and return to Operations Manager.
- Provide technical support to the Sales Department on demonstrations.
- Maintain accurate reports and tool and parts van inventory. Perform scheduled cycle counts and reconcile all discrepancies.
- Maintain consistent communication with Parts & Service Department on current and future status of jobs.
- Maintain a current working knowledge of all dealership equipment.
- Always maintain a professional demeanour and appearance.
- Normal working hours are approximately 8 AM to 5 PM, M-F. However, customer support needs will necessitate longer working days, overnight travel, as well as weekend work as required.
- Track all jobs on/offsite and submit detailed reporting such as Service Call Reports, Warranty Reports, labour hours, travel time and parts used within 24 hours.
- Extensive travel is required.
- Other duties as assigned
- Troubleshoot mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic faults whilst working closely with our Engineers.
- Collaborate with our engineering & management teams to ensure referral of all issues are dealt with on a timely basis to enable ongoing product improvements.
- Perform root cause analysis on issues reported through service, warranty to Operations Manager.
- Assist the Operations Manager to develop technical procedures including creation and verification of standard operating procedures.
- Maintenance of service reference guides, PDI and commissioning documentation
The post holder must have a genuine interest in people and a focus on continuous improvement. The post holder must be self-motivated, be able to work flexibly and under pressure in a dynamic and changing environment.
- High school graduate and /or mechanical NVQ/BTEC equivalent
- This position will require a valid driver’s license
- The ability to pass a touchscreen Safety, Health & Environmental test
- 1+ or more years’ experience working with electrical, engine and hydraulic components and machines; other related technical experience may be substituted.
- IOSH (desirable)
- CSCS (desirable)
- SSP (desirable)
- MPQC (desirable)
- IPAF (desirable)
- CPCS (desirable)
- Other plant certification
Experience (Knowledge, Skills and Attributes)
With proven experience as a mechanical engineer, you will also have experience with/in:
- Firm understanding of yours and other responsibilities to Safety, Health and Environmental areas by complying to all United Kingdom and PowerX Equipment policies, rules, and regulations.
- Knowledge of electrical, instrumentation, hydraulic, and electronic equipment, components, and repair techniques; skill in reading and interpreting machine drawings
- Safety conscious
- Ability to work alone and within a team
- Ability to work in an environment with constantly changing priorities
- Ability to travel at short notice if required
- Excellent customer focus
- Highest level of integrity
- Flexibility in hours worked
- Able to work effectively with a range of diverse cultures
- Time management skills – prioritising accordingly.
- IT knowledge, especially Microsoft word
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable talking to people – good communication
- Ability to understand the nature of a client’s request through effective questioning and listening skills.
- Good understanding of Safety, Health, Environmental policy, and legal requirements
- Construction environment (desirable)
- Recycling environment (desirable)
- Production knowledge (desirable)
- Quarrying processing (desirable)
- Milling environment (desirable)
National Role – Midlands based
Health and Safety responsibilities
- Follow Company policies and procedures always
- Follow set company procedure (9001, 45001, 14001)
- Report any apparent deficiencies in systems of work or equipment provided that may result in failure of service delivery or risk to health and safety or the environment;
- Safety, Health, Environment & Quality will be the fourth front of all activities eliminating risk to the business and the people it will impact.
- CDM 2015 Regulation must be applied to all projects /activities.
- Use all work equipment and personal PPE properly and in accordance with training and company policies and procedures.
- Mobile plant and vehicles Construction Plant Association UK requirements
- Report any issues or training needs to your Line manager
- Meet all company environmental targets and obligation