If you think you have the skills and experience for this role please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Salary is dependent upon experience.
Closing date for applications is 12.00 p.m. on 04/02/2021
Thank you for your interest in this position.
Reporting to the Service Manager while working alongside the Sales Team, Operations Manager, and other Senior Management the role will be diverse.
- Willingness to travel and stay out
- Hands on mechanical/construction experience
- Good general mechanical maintenance, diesel and hydraulic fitting/fault finding
- An understanding of hydraulic schematics desirable, but not essential
- Arc/MIG Welding qualification/experience desirable,
- Ability and willingness to make decisions with purpose and a strong sense of urgency to resolve equipment failures promptly
- Ability to work independently and use available resources to complete tasks with minimal supervision
- Must interact well with others in a diverse environment and be a team player
- Basic IT level
- In accordance with corporate responsibility for the business, work effectively as part of a close team.
MAIN FUNCTION OF JOB:
The Installation Engineer will be engaged on a variety of steel and modular installation projects from initial CDM 2015 site setup to commissioning and handover.
Reporting to the Service Manager you will work with a team of highly skilled engineers providing first class service to our customers by carrying out safe planned sequence builds to completion, supporting the handover process to the customers team. You will be required to aid all call outs, supporting our customer network regards any maintenance, fault finding, and repair required on their processing plants.
Reporting directly to the Service Manager some of your responsibilities will include:
- Completing quality assurance checklists
- Active employee regards all Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality (SHEQ) Targets
- Safety, Health, Environmental & Quality (SHEQ) paperwork
- Report writing
- Warranty reporting
- Aid Lead Engineer with Site Safety, housekeeping, and security arrangements
- Escalate equipment quality issues via the correct procedure
- Show commitment to professional ethics and consistently meet the needs and expectations of our customers.
- National Role (United Kingdom)
The post holder must have a genuine interest in people and a focus on continuous improvement. The post holder must be self-motivated, be able to work flexibly and under pressure in a dynamic and changing environment.
- High school graduate
- This position will require a valid driver’s license
- The ability to pass a touchscreen Safety, Health & Environmental test
- IOSH (desirable)
- CSCS (desirable)
- SSP (desirable)
- MPQC (desirable)
- IPAF (desirable)
- CPCS (desirable)
- Other plant certification
- Willing to keep up to date with latest training needs to aid the business
- Must have min. of 2yr Mig and stick welding experience in manufacturing environment
- Ability to cross train to other cells
- Must pass internal welding test
- Must be able to read a tape measure and read drawings
- Must be able to use air, power, and hand tools, especially a torch and grinder
- Mechanically inclined
- Must have own hand tools to perform required duties
- Able to gather and analyse relevant information and coordinate work with other team members.
- Contributes information and ideas to development of project plans.
- Identifies complex problems and recommends solutions.
- Makes sound decisions on routine matters in support of immediate work group’s goals.
- Functions independently within context of day-to-day activities.
- Excellent communication skills.
Experience (Knowledge, Skills and Attributes)
- Time management skills – prioritising accordingly.
- A knowledge Material Handling
- IT knowledge, especially Microsoft word
- Good technical skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable talking to people – good communication
- Ability to understand the nature of a client’s request through effective questioning and listening skills.
- Good understanding of Safety, Health, Environmental policy, and legal requirements
- Construction environment
- Recycling environment
- Quarrying processing (desirable)
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Able to work individually and as part of a team
Office and site based, preferably within 30/40 minutes commute of Meriden
Health and Safety responsibilities
Follow Company policies and procedures always;
Follow set company procedure (9001, 45001, 14001)
Report any apparent deficiencies in systems of work or equipment provided that may result in failure of service delivery or risk to health and safety or the environment;
Safety, Health, Environment & Quality will be the fourth front of all activities eliminating risk to the business and the people it will impact.
CDM 2015 Regulation must be applied to all projects /activities.
Use all work equipment and personal PPE properly and in accordance with training and company policies and procedures.
Mobile plant and vehicles Construction Plant Association UK requirements
Report any issues or training needs to your Line manager
Meet all company environmental targets and obligations