National Role covering Milton Keynes – Luton – Oxford – Reading
If you think you have the skills and experience for this role please send your CV to email@example.com.
Salary is dependent upon experience.
Closing date for applications is 12.00 p.m. on 01/06/2021
Thank you for your interest in this position.
Reporting to the Service Manager while working alongside the Sales Team, Operations Manager, and other Senior Management the role will be diverse.
- A technical certification
- Willingness to travel and stay out
- Hands on mechanical/electromechanical experience
- Good general mechanical and electrical maintenance, diesel and hydraulic fitting/fault finding
- An understanding of hydraulic and electrical schematics desirable, but not essential
- Arc/MIG Welding qualification/experience desirable,
- Ability and willingness to make decisions with purpose and a strong sense of urgency to resolve equipment failures promptly
- Ability to work independently and use available resources to complete tasks with minimal supervision
- Must interact well with others in a diverse environment and be a team player
- Computer experience required, including working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite desired
- In accordance with corporate responsibility for the business, work effectively as part of a close team.
MAIN FUNCTION OF JOB:
The Service Engineer will be engaged on a variety of projects from initial sales demonstrations to complex installations and commissioning of our Powerscreen and Terex equipment. Inspections, through to regular maintenance to keep our customers products operational. Comprehensive training and experience are essential to fulfil this exciting role with a positive attitude. Reporting to the Service Manager you will work with a Team of highly skilled engineers providing first class service to our customers by carrying out maintenance and fault finding on our sold capital installation (mobile crushing, screening and washing system); perform commissioning/training to our customer base.
Within this position you must be prepared to troubleshoot, utilising technical knowledge and experience to interpret wiring diagrams, schematics, flow diagrams, machine manuals. Identifies malfunctions and offers solutions to equipment and component malfunctions. Understands PLC logic in troubleshooting of instrumentation systems and reporting back to manufacturer. Key aspects of the Mechanical Service Engineer position include; Experience with the mechanical aspects of special purpose machinery installation, servicing, commissioning, repair and maintenance Customer facing – first class communication skills Strong attention to detail Resilience – you’ll often be the sole representative on site Ideally you’ll be apprentice trained /time served At least 2 years experience working as a Mechanical Fitter
Reporting directly to the Service Manager some of your responsibilities will include:
- Completing quality assurance checklists
- Communicating with the Sales Team in relation to plant readiness.
- Liaising with your Manager and other staff in relation to workload planning
- An active employee regards all Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality (SHEQ) Targets
- SHEQ paperwork
- Report writing (Root Cause Analysis)
- Troubleshoot and offer repair
- Operate test equipment both manually and with interfacing software
- Assisting customers with the set-up, safety, and operations, troubleshooting and repair of crushing and screening equipment
- Provide on-site technical support, installation and service for the Terex product line(s) and prioritise and schedule support requests via the Administration Coordinator and Service Manager
- Create, edit, and submit Field Service reports in a timely manner, with proper content
- Escalate equipment quality issues to initiate quality alerts and prevent repeat failures
- Provide the Operations Manager with field performance data and recommended improvements
- Show commitment to professional ethics and consistently meet the needs and expectations of our customers.
- Manage time, skills, and resources to produce maximum volume of work with the least amount of errors
- Record, track, and document problem-solving process
- Use remote access tools and diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting
- Perform fixes as required, including remotely installing and upgrading software, and configuring systems and applications. Test fixes to ensure problem has been adequately resolved
- Provide technical consultations and customer supports via phone, email, internet, or onsite visit as needed
- Support the Administration Coordinator, as required
- Aid on Wasplant and other fixed plant installations
- National Role (United Kingdom)
The post holder must have a genuine interest in people and a focus on continuous improvement. The post holder must be self-motivated, be able to work flexibly and under pressure in a dynamic and changing environment.
- High school graduate and /or mechanical NVQ/BTEC equivalent
- This position will require a valid driver’s license
- The ability to pass a touchscreen Safety, Health & Environmental test
- 3 or more years’ experience working with electrical, engine and hydraulic components and machines; other related technical experience may be substituted.
- Must be familiar with mobile tracked plant
- Must be familiar with crushing and screening
- Must be familiar to the aggregate or recycling industry
- IOSH (desirable)
- CSCS (desirable)
- SSP (desirable)
- MPQC (desirable)
- IPAF (desirable)
- CPCS (desirable)
- Other plant certification
Experience (Knowledge, Skills and Attributes)
With proven experience as a mobile/site/technical engineer, you will also have experience with/in:
- Firm understanding of yours and other responsibilities to Safety, Health and Environmental areas by complying to all United Kingdom and PowerX Equipment policies, rules, and regulations.
- Knowledge of electrical, instrumentation, hydraulic, and electronic equipment, components, and repair techniques; skill in reading and interpreting machine drawings,
- Safety conscious
- Ability to work alone and within a team
- Ability to work in an environment with constantly changing priorities
- Ability to travel at short notice if required
- Excellent customer focus
- Highest level of integrity
- Flexibility in hours worked
- Able to work effectively with a range of diverse cultures
- Time management skills – prioritising accordingly.
- A knowledge Material Handling
- IT knowledge, especially Microsoft word
- Good technical skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable talking to people – good communication
- Ability to understand the nature of a client’s request through effective questioning and listening skills.
- Good understanding of Safety, Health, Environmental policy, and legal requirements
- Construction environment
- Recycling environment
- Production knowledge (desirable)
- Quarrying processing (desirable)
- Milling environment
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
Covering Milton Keynes – Luton – Oxford – Reading
Health and Safety responsibilities
Follow Company policies and procedures always;
- Follow set company procedure (9001, 45001, 14001)
- Report any apparent deficiencies in systems of work or equipment provided that may result in failure of service delivery or risk to health and safety or the environment;
- Safety, Health, Environment & Quality will be the fourth front of all activities eliminating risk to the business and the people it will impact.
- CDM 2015 Regulation must be applied to all projects /activities.
- Use all work equipment and personal PPE properly and in accordance with training and company policies and procedures.
- Mobile plant and vehicles Construction Plant Association UK requirements
- Report any issues or training needs to your Line manager
- Meet all company environmental targets and obligations